Theology of Missions
An examination of the biblical and systematic theologies of missions in both the Old and New Testaments, including an emphasis on the mission of the early church in Acts and the Letters. This course also addresses contemporary issues such as holistic mission and incarnational ministry.
- Köstenberger, Andreas and Peter O’Brien. Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: A Biblical Theology of Mission. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2001.
- Ott, Craig, Stephen Strauss, and Timothy Tennent. Encountering Theology of Mission: Biblical Foundations, Historical Developments, and Contemporary Issues. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2010.
- Bosch, David. Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Mission. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis, 1991.
- Kaiser, Walter. Mission in the Old Testament: Israel as a Light to the Nations. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2012.
- Peters, George. A Biblical Theology of Missions. Chicago: Moody Press, 1984.
- Schnabel, Eckhard. Early Christian Mission. 2 vols. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2004.
- Stott, John. Christian Mission in the Modern World. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2008.
- Tennent, Timothy. Invitation to World Missions: A Trinitarian Missiology for the Twenty-First Century. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2010.
- Wright, Christopher. The Mission of God: Unlocking the Bible’s Grand Narrative. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2006.