2nd Period Thursday (9:30-10:25, 11:15 a.m.-noon)
A study of the first five books of the Old Testament. This includes an examination of their authorship, date, unity, and canonical status. Emphasis is also placed upon the unifying motif of the Pentateuch, the creation account, the flood, the origin of the nation of Israel, its religious institution, and the unfolding of its history under Moses.
- Handbook on the Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- An Introduction to the Old Testament Pentateuch
- Against the Gods: The Polemical Theology of the Old Testament
- A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament
- Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch (The IVP Bible Dictionary Series)