A study of management principles related to the local church with special emphasis on the consistent implementation of a biblical philosophy of ministry. Following the management cycle of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling, particular attention will be given to: (1) strategic planning; (2) designing specific strategies for ministry; (3) planning and implementing change in established ministries; (4) recruiting and training workers, and (5) developing supervisory skills.
- The Shepherd Leader, by Timothy Z. Whitmer, P & R Publishing.
- Dear Timothy: Letters on Pastoral Ministry, ed. by Thomas K. Ascol, Founders Press.
- Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor, by D. A. Carson, Crossway.
- The Christian Ministry, by Charles Bridges, Banner of Truth.
- The Reformed Pastor, by Richard Baxter, Banner of Truth.
- A Portrait of Paul, by Robert Ventura and Jeremy Walker, Reformation Heritage Books.
- Brothers, We Are Not Professionals, by John Piper, Broadman.