1st Period Tuesday (7:30-9:20 a.m.)
A study of the key elements of Hebrew poetry, the argument of the book of Job, key Psalms as they relate to their literary genre, the book of Proverbs as it relates to skillful living, the message of Ecclesiastes, an interpretation of the Song of Solomon, and the book of Lamentations.
- Handbook on the Wisdom Books and Psalms, by Daniel J. Estes, Baker.
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth, 3rd ed., by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart, Zondervan.
- An Introduction to the OT Poetic Books, rev. ed., by C. Hassell Bullock, Moody.
- A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament, ed. Roy Zuck, Moody.
- Words of Delight, 2nd ed., by Leland Ryken, Baker.
- Old Testament Wisdom Literature: A Theological Introduction, by Craig Bartholomew and Ryan O’Dowd, IVP.