1st Period Friday (7:30-9:20 a.m.)
A practical course devoted to sermon delivery. The student will construct and preach a variety of expositional messages upon a combination of sound exegetical, hermeneutical, and homiletical principles. Prerequisite: Homiletics II (PT602).
- Christ-Centered Preaching, 2nd ed., by Bryan Chapell, Baker.
- Applying the Sermon, by Daniel Overdorf, Kregel.
- Preaching: Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism, by Timothy Keller, Viking.
- Using Illustrations to Preach with Power, rev. ed., by Bryan Chapell, Crossway.
- Preaching: A Biblical Theology by Jason Meyer, Crossway.