Greek Exegesis of 1 Peter
Exegetical steps are applied to 1 Peter of the Greek New Testament. Attention is given to historical background, genre, theme and structure, argument, theology, and application of the selected text. Prerequisites: NT702.
- 1, 2 Peter, Jude, by Thomas R. Schreiner, Broadman & Holman.
- The Greek NT, 4th ed. with dictionary, by Kurt Aland et al., Hendrickson.
- A Greek English–Lexicon of the New Testament, 3rd ed., by Bauer, Danker, Arndt, and Gingrich, University of Chicago Press.
- The First Epistle of Peter, by Peter H. Davids, Eerdmans.
- First Peter, by D. Edmond Hiebert, BMH.
- A Textual Commentary on the Greek NT, 2nd ed., by Bruce M. Metzler, Hendrickson.
- 1 Peter, by Wayne Grudem, IVP.
- 1 Peter, by Karen H. Jobes, Baker.
- 1 Peter, by J. Ramsey Michaels, Word.