Counseling Problems & Procedures
This course uses biblical principles to establish a methodology for biblical counseling. Then it applies those biblical principles to a number of issues that frequently emerge in counseling, including guilt, worry, trials, anger, depression, sexual sin, abuse, eating problems, addictions, and medical issues.
- Lambert, Heath. A Theology of Biblical Counseling: The Doctrinal Foundations of Counseling Ministry. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2016.
- Pierre, Jeremy and Deepak Reju. The Pastor and Counseling: The Basics of Shepherding Members in Need. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2015.
- Stuart Scott and Heath Lambert, eds., Counseling the Hard Cases: True Stories Illustrating the Sufficiency of God’s Resources in Scripture. Nashville: B&H, 2015.
- Holcomb, Justin and Lindsey Holcomb. Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Victims of Sexual Assault. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2011.
- Lambert, Heath, and Joshua Harris. Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2013.
- Lambert, Heath, and David Powlison. The Biblical Counseling Movement after Adams. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2011.
- Pierre, Jeremy. The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience. Greensboro, NC: New Growth Press, 2016.
- Scott, Stuart. From Pride to Humility: A Biblical Perspective. Bemidji, MN: Focus Publishing, 2002.
- Tripp, Paul David. Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change. Phillipsburg, NJ: P & R, 2002.
- Welch, Edward. Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the Gospel. Phillipsburg, NJ: P & R, 2001.