Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary

15 Jun 2013

Introducing Children to Christians of the Past

/
Posted By

A little over a year ago, I blogged about some church history resources for children, and I recommended the Christian Biographies for Young Readers series. Now a new book in that series, this one on Anselm of Canterbury (c. 1033–1109), is set to be released in the next few days. I haven’t read the text of this new book, but in light of the earlier volumes in this series I anticipate this new addition will be another very helpful resource for introducing children to a key figure in church history.

This book should be available in bookstores very soon, and it looks like Amazon will begin shipping it any day now. For more info, check out this video introduction to the CBYR series and the sample pages of the Anselm book that can be viewed here.

If Simonetta Carr’s book on Anselm piques your interest in learning more about this medieval theologian, you may want to look up the Cambridge Companion to Anselm. And if you’re interested in reading the works of Anselm himself, this edition of his writings would be a good place to start.